Source: Image by azmeesh from Pixabay
Theme: Puzzles and Games
Grades: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Learning Target: Students will look for patterns and construct equations to solve a discrete mathematical problem.
- How many different pathways exists to get the taxi from point A to point B?
- You can only move directly to the right or directly You cannot move left, up, or diagonally.
- What do you notice & wonder?
- Can you find how many paths there are in different dimension grids? What about a 2×2? 3×3? 4×4? 4×6?
- Can you find a pattern for an m x n grid?
- Can you make a visual proof?
CCSS Math Practice
- I can make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- I can look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
NGSS Crosscutting Concepts