Grades: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Learning Target: Students will learn develop an interactive infographic to teach a math concept.
- Select a concept to teach: Please choose a Common Core State Standard. Fill in your name in the final column of the standards spreadsheet. If a standard has already been selected, please choose another (one per student). A good choice will be a concept which will include a graphical representation. Geometric concepts will work well, but many principles and theorems can be selected (examples). Please choose one with which you are familiar at your grade level or higher. If it is not in the list of standards, please ask your teacher.
- Plan your Interactive Infographic: Write the text for your concept. Sketch your interactive graphic.
- Develop your infographic: Use Demos Calculator, Desmos Geometry, or Geogebra. Remember to login and save your infographic during development.
- Peer Review: Provide your Inforgraphic to at least two students. Each students will provide two brief comments for your infographic
- What do they like?
- What needs improvement?
Please submit a Word document (No Sways or PowerPoints) which contains:
- Title of your interactive infographic.
- Text explaining your infographic. Please use full sentences.
- Link to your Desmos or Geogebra Infographic
- Peer review text from two students with parts (a) and (b).
Enter your final interactive infographic here.
- I can construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- I can model with mathematics.