Roller Coaster Boxplots
Grades: 5, 6, 7, 8
Learning Target: Students will construct boxplots and dotplots using roller coaster data.
- Provide a brief introduction on dotplots and boxplots, explaining the concept of data distribution.
- Have students download roller-coasters.csv.
- Contruct a dotplot, with any of the data columns to build a distribution.
- Construct a boxplot.
- Find the mean.
- Write a paragraph explaining what the graph data represents.
- Snip the graph and paste it into the chat explanation paragraph.
CCSS Math Practice
- I can use appropriate tools strategically.
NGSS Crosscutting Concepts