Derivative of a Function
Grades: 9, 10
Learning Target: Students will learn how to solve for a derivative of a function using the derivative definition.
- Demonstrate the concept of function derivatives using the following graph: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/b0n42jycfz
- Show how as h approaches zero the slopes of the lines align.
- Provide an example of how to solve for slope a point for a simple function, such as x^2, using the derivative definition.
- Have students use digital ink to solve equations on this PowerPoint.
CCSS Math Practice
- I can make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
NGSS Crosscutting Concepts