Grades: 8, 9, 10
Learning Target: Students will use functions and limit the domain to create functions for a Desmos Marbleslide.
- Show students how to create functions and limit their domain using these twelve functions: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/p7jj4zsapi
- Teacher will share the following marbleslide activity with students: https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/60db4797739f19776d715478
- Students will snip a screenshot of their final jumplines (with marbles sliding) and post as an artifact of their work.
What were the easiest functions to fit on the graph?
CCSS Math Practice
- I can make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- I can attend to precision.
NGSS Crosscutting Concepts
- Systems and System Models