Grades: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Learning Target: Students will calculate the mechanical advantage of a hydraulic lift system using area, volume, and the pressure equation.
- Provide an example of the value of Newtons.
- Remind students how to calculate volume and solve similar ratios with a missing variable.
- Demonstrate the pressure equation.
CCSS Math Practice
- I can reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- I can look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
NGSS Crosscutting Concepts
- Cause and Effect
- Stability and Change